Home Show Inspiration. . .

Hubby and I just got home from our annual St. George, UT Home Show getaway.

We started this tradition 4 years ago.  Heading to warmer weather in February makes the 3 1/2 to 4  hour drive worth while.  Did I mention that it was a beautiful 68 degrees.

This is the first year that we visited all 28 homes.  I got some fun ideas.

I took a ton of pictures so prepare yourself for collage mania.  Hard to believe that there were plenty of homes that I didn’t snap a single pic.

As usual, my favorite kitchens were the ones with white cupboards and some glass doors.  Notice the bead board on the ceiling?  Hubby and I just finished doing that in our living room.  Now we need to put it on one wall and then paint.  Can’t wait!!

2012-02-24 St

This group all sport my favorite robins egg blue color.  LOVE it!  I thought that the trio of bird clocks was sweet. Think hubby would let me paint my wood door that color?

2012-02-25 St1

Many of you are taking down wallpaper.  I’m here to say, it’s back in.  Don’t you love this sweet mustard combination on the ceiling and wall? Also loved the color in the laundry and around the t.v.  Great idea don’t you think?  I couldn’t get enough of the white moldings. My entire home has tan.  This WILL change someday.  Thinking maybe when we finish our basement I’ll just have the painters do upstairs as well.  I can see a bundle deal coming. lol!

2012-02-24 St1

I am not an orange lover, but thought that this kids room was so cute!  Had to throw in the sweet orange theater sign.

2012-02-25 St

I loved the old fashioned feel of this shower curtain!  The other curtain was just a simple store bought valance with extra strips of fabric knotted in between.  Easy way to dress it up.

2012-02-24 St2

And let’s not forget the girls.

2012-02-25 St2

More mustards.  How fun are the giant books?  I also thought that the plate framed was a unique way to display a special piece.

2012-02-25 St3

Some black and whites with a POP of color.  You can bet that I had my hubby notice how many pillows were on that bed on the lower left.  “See dear, I’m not the only one with a pillow fetish!”2012-02-25 St5

The camera did not do these pics justice.  This soda shop room just outside of a theater had everyone squealing with delight.  It sure made me want to sit down and have a sip!

2012-02-25 St7

These are a few rustic things that caught my eye.

I love this large metal container and these old gate headboards are  funky fun!

2012-02-24 St4

2012-02-25 St4

This was one of my favorite (gotta do) ideas.  I love how they used barn wood around this bbq center. And the old tin with a blue patina was fabulous!  Notice the planter to match?

2012-02-24 St3

Some fun outdoors.  This sauna room was right off of a patio with a gorgeous pool.  Lots of gorgeous pools!  A bit of jealousy goin on over here at my house. I keep repeating,  “I WILL NOT covet my neighbor!”

2012-02-25 St6

Alot of the homes were not really my taste.  A bit too South Western for me, and many of them are an adobe style that are made to blend in with the earth surroundings.  But I sure had a wonderful time, found some treasures (old and new), and came home with some fun ideas wouldn’t you agree?

Makes me want to get busy with a home improvement project.  Oh, forgot that we are in the middle of one right now. Hee-hee!  Not really an improvement, just a “add a bit of character’ project might be a better name.

I’ll keep you posted,

Jann

I will be linking this post with:

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

 

20 comments

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I will go back and look at the photos again! I see so many good ideas. LOVE the big clocks on the wall and the shower curtain! I looked around at my fabric! heehee! ♥

Vee said...

So glad to know that wallpaper is back. Though I have papered a ceiling and will never do that again. Nope. Can't make me. Lots of great ideas there!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I don't blame you for planning to go yearly, how interesting!

Kim, USA said...

It's beautiful and I can't imagine how many things we can do with old barn woods. Thanks for sharing.

Kim,USA

Snap said...

Looks like you got lots of great ideas. Sorry to hear wall paper is back in ... I just don't like it! To each his own, I guess! Have a fun week!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Thanks for sharing your mosaics of the home show and always a fun thing to do. Also I am your newest follower, thanks for visiting my site and following.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, so many great ideas. I love the beadboard and the cute birdie clocks. Home shows are a lot of fun, thanks for sharing. I hope you have a lovely week!

Shannon said...

What a wonderful time, and I cannot imagine all the wonderful ideas and inspiration YOU got from the homes. Great photos!

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

So many great ideas, very inspiring! I would have loved such a great tour of homes, looks like a great time.

Pondside said...

I love a home tour - so many ideas! I have to say that I really studied that first kitchen - so many beautiful elements. What a fun tour!

Lorrie said...

Home tours are so much fun - and provide a lot of inspiration for projects. I took note of some of the accent pillows - they really come in all styles.

Kris said...

Oh what fun. LOVE that barn door headboard!!!!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Wow. I love the yellow room with the papered ceiling.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for the home tour - lots of good ideas. I have some wall paper I want to get rid of.

Peg said...

Looks like it was a great trip. Love the darling ideas. May have to copy the shower curtain. Glad you are home safe.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Jann,
What a fun thing to do..I would love to tour all those amazing homes. I did'nt know there was a home show getaway, very cool.
such a fun post I loved it.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Debra@CommonGround said...

great ideas, love that white kitchen!!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Looks like you did enjoy yourself. If we cannot always have what we see, we can always create our own with the ideas we gather and it looks like you might be busy of you choose some of these beauties~

paige said...

How lucky that your husband will go with you to home shows! Sounds like a fun trip, with lots of ideas.

Unknown said...

Luxury Mattress has good comfort and it is probably the main advantage of this type of mattress and it gives a fantastic and comfortable sleeping experience.
http://www.sundayrest.com/

Instagram