Pop of Color. . .

If you’re looking for a pop of color in the garden throw in a few poppies. The orange ones are the most common, but I have white and Salmon color also.  Last Fall I planted a couple of red ones.  Can’t wait to see them bloom!

Last Spring we received a lot of rain and my poppies were so large.

I’ve noticed that the plants are thriving again this year and soon will be gracing our gardens with their cheerful blooms.

I decided it was time to bring out my ‘indoor’ poppies.

IMG_6197

IMG_6207

Just BEE cause the bee’s love poppies I added a few bee items. This pic was taken in my garden last year.

020_thumb[1]

IMG_6205IMG_6198

My large bee skep I bought in Williamsburg, VA a few years ago

IMG_6199IMG_6200

Notice the bee on my stitchery and Mr. rooster?

IMG_6204

The two little bee plates I got at D.I. for $1.50.  There were three, guess who broke one?  I have large plates that match so I nabbed them up in a hurry.

A year or so ago I bought a rug to go under my table. It brings in all the colors in my kitchen and I love it, but it limits me.  I have so many cute quilt toppers that I use to throw on the table.  Now, their just too busy.

IMG_6196

I pulled out the scraps of drop cloth left over after making a cover for my ottoman and made a table runner.  What do you think, like it?

IMG_6203

So there you have it, My pop of color table.

Later this week I will show you the other poppy items I have in my kitchen.  One item is vintage.  I had never seen anything old with a poppy theme.  I was thrilled when I ran across it.

Hugs,

Jann

I will sharing with:

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Cozy Home Scenes for Cozy Home Party

17 comments

NanaDiana said...

I love your pop of color, Jann. My other absolutely LOVED poppies and had a whole bed of them that surrounded her two cherry trees. I was just past the clotheslines in a little sideyard and visible from the kitchen window. I think she got a lot of pleasure looking at those..there was not much time for dreaming as a busy farm wife. xo Diana

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Gorgeous Jann,
I love my bees too! When in my gardens "I think they love me too because they BUZZZZ along doing their business and NEVER pay attention to me! I guess they know who planted "THEIR GARDENS",hehe!
Your table is TOOO PRETTY. I too love poppies and "NEED" to plant more. I would LOVE to have a full field of them like in the movie "Wizard of Oz" MINUS the sleeping potion.
I want to sit and chat with you at your lovely table setting. "You make the tea and I'll bring the crumpets"!
Big Hugs,
Donna

Gina said...

I love poppies! My sisters both have them in their yards and I think I really need to get some too. Your table looks beautiful! I love all that wonderful color and that red pitcher caught my attention right away...so pretty.

Charade said...

I've never noticed poppies growing around Smallville, so I'll have to check with the extension office to see if they'll grow here. I love those vibrant colors.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Your poppies are beautiful! Something I have not been able to get grow...darn!

Linda said...

You absolutely inspire me! Love the poppies, and your decorating!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I don't see that many poppies around here. I need to check into their growing habits as they are so pretty.
Enjoy your evening.

allisamazing said...

Absolutely love your red pitcher and the flowers are gorgeous!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love a pop of poppie color! Your table is gorgeous. you know I don't know if I have seen any here in Orlando? Hum, now you have me thinking? Love the embroidered? sign!

Carol

Cottage and Broome said...

The poppies are so pretty but I don't use much orange in my garden. I loved to find the salmon or white poppies, make sure you show us those when they pop up. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it. The color is fantastic and the poppies are gorgeous. You have such a lovely home and this tablescape is so pretty. The bee skeep is fabulous. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Kris said...

So pretty Jann! Don't you love having the table flanked with two parsons chairs? I have the same in my kitchen! I love poppies. I have them in my yard!!

Vicki/Jake said...

Awww yes, Poppies! They just have a way of making a person happy:) Enjoy the warmth while you can...

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

I see your lovely poppies. Aren't they beautiful? It makes for a very colorful day. Your table is so pretty with the pops of color. Enjoy.... Linda

Heirloom treasures said...

OOh love poppies,you have just reminded me to put some in. love all your colours just so cheery. xx

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Jann, your poppies are so pretty. I like the bright happy colors. I also like your table and chairs. Thanks for linking to Your Cozy Home Party. Have a great day! -----Shannon

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

So cute. Thanks for the reminder that I need to add some poppies to some of my new garden beds.

Love the rug - I like how you've decorated around it's business.

Instagram