Counting the Days!

December 1st and the count down begins.  Do you remember as a child counting the days till Santa came?

Today I am sharing my collection of advent calendars.

I bought this one from Pottery Barn clearance one year after Christmas.

IMG_9063

Little treats and prizes will be tucked behind closed doors.  This vintage looking one was another after Christmas purchase.

IMG_9066

Did you ever have one of those advent calendars with the chocolate candies?  I usually buy one for my grandies each year.  This year I slacked and their parents had to buy them one. 

I did however make each family one of these a couple years ago.  My girls helped make some of the ornaments.

IMG_9052

IMG_9053

That same year I made this advent calendar with playing cards.  My friend Joyce, saw it in her Mary Janes Farm magazine.  It’s hard to tell in the picture, but the playing card is behind each number.

IMG_9054

I covered a piece of foam board with tea dyed sheet music.  The cards and accents are held in with decorative pins.

IMG_9057

I also made this large linen Pottery Barn copycat to hang in my bedroom.  I hung snow and winter themed ornaments.

IMG_9058

IMG_9060

I know what you’re thinking, “how many advent calendars does one person need?”  lol!  I admit, I had a bit of an advent fetish that year.

One things for sure, I certainly won’t miss Christmas! 

The S stands for SNOW and SANTA.  Here’s hopin that both arrives on the 24th.

IMG_9061 

Have fun counting the days!

Hugs,

Jann

p.s.

Don’t forget our ‘Creating Christmas’ party will start on the 3rd.

Santa button 2

I will be sharing with:

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

17 comments

NanaDiana said...

Jann-Those are all so cute. I don't have a SINGLE ONE. Now I think I am definitely missing something here! xo Diana

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Great unique ideas for Advent!

Susie said...

Love your calenders. The little white skate is my favorite thing. xo, Susie

Unknown said...

Glad to see I am not the only one who loves Advent Calendars. What a great selection you have!

Julie Marie said...

Love all of those Jann!... I put ours out today... it is a little wintry mountain chalet with doors that open and I tuck Hersheys mini bars inside... I used to buy my nieces those cardboard ones with the candy behind each door when they were little girls... the littlest one was about 3 and didn't quite get it... she opened all her doors and ate all her candy the first day!... oh well... she had fun!... xoxo Julie Marie

Pamela Gordon said...

You have a sweet collection of Advent Calendars. I remember buying the chocolate filled ones for our kids and now our daughter has bought one for her 2 year old son. The tradition continues.

Linda W. said...

Wow! You are so creative! I love all of your different advent calendars.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never had an advent calendar but I love these. I'm excited about the parties coming up! Hugs!

Gina said...

I think you are an original here. I've never seen anyone with an advent calendar collection. They are all so fantastic! What a fun & interesting collection to have!

Heirloom treasures said...

They are really nice.xx

Old Time Cindy said...

That's an original collection...perfect for holiday decorating! (Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I don't even have one one.)

Lori E said...

I never did have one myself. My inlaws would buy the chocolate ones for our boys though.
Just yesterday I received an online one for my computer as a gift from a dear friend of mine.
It is a Jacquie Lawson advent calendar and it is interactive. Dec. 1st I toured the toy store in the calendar village and Dec. I created a snowman. Who knows what will come up next. It is very cute.
The one you made in the black frame...the top one...is my favorite. You did a great job.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a wonderful collection! I especially like the ones you made. I don't have one. Thanks for sharing.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

We had an advent wreath and calenders when I was a child, then too when my boys were young. This is about the 5th post I've seen this week about advent calenders, making me want to go get one, lol...but you sure do have the most! :) Lovely!

Snap said...

I love advent calendars! You have a marvelous collection. I bet it is fun to open them each day! :D :D

Leslie said...

Jan.. I love them all!!!! We love the christmas countdown too! As excited as we are for the days to tick by getting us closer to the big day it also gets a little sad knowing that there will be another 365 to countdown. : ) Hey.. I think maybe we should make a year countdown. Now, that would be a lot of work.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi, Sweetie!
Your grandkids must love going to your house! You have so many fun magical Christmas pretties. I love your advent calenders. What fun it is counting down to Christmas Day!
Happy hugs,
Carolynn xxx

Instagram