Fab Friday!

Hello my friends and yes, it's a fabulous Friday!
 
Gorgeous weather, plenty of sunshine, and it's my birthday! :)
 
So you can see, for me; it's fabulous in more ways than one!
 
What better way to celebrate my birthday than by sharing some of my fab finds and what I have done with them.
 
You may remember the $20 box of Ironstone I snagged at a thrift back in Feb.  I have loved it and there were two of these sweet sugar bowls.
 

I filled one with red roses from the garden and teamed it up with a trio of mirrors and this vintage tray for a romantic summer mantle.

 
The mirror started out like this.  I found it at a yard sale on Sat.  I wasn't yard sailing, but was at a garden tour and there was a sale across the street from one of the homes.  Of course we had to check it out!

 
 
I love the new look!


My new Instagram friend, Joanne found the simplistic mirror in the background for me at Fleology for $10.  Ever since I fell head over heels in love with hers I have been wanting to find a few.

 
I've had the large mirror ever since we added the bead board a few years ago.  I love the look of the three of them nestled together!
 
 
 
I found the little birdhouse wall vase at Fleology on Sat. for $10.
 
 
You know how I love birds!
 
 
The book and teacup were thrift finds a while ago.  I added my crown made by  Gigi, from Old World Patina  to the book.  If you ask me, roses are crown beauties!

 
There were 3 of the cups, but I resisted and only bought one.  Now and then I can do that.  lol!
 
Love it against the chippy half door shelf!


This pretty bottle once held bubble bath from Pier 1.

 
I found 5 pieces of red glass last week for $1 each.  I  am running out of room in my red glass cabinet, but for $1 I could not pass them up.  This Avon glass was one of them.

 
Isn't that a gorgeous rose?  I placed a few of my books about roses on the French stool below the chippy door.

 
It only took minutes to make these few changes, but what a delight they have been to me!

 
Hoping you have a fabulous Friday as well!

hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Share Your Style
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Shabbilicious Friday
The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday
Bella Rosa Antiques for Let's Talk Vintage
The Enchanting Rose for Roses of Inspiration
Vintage Inspiration Party

32 comments

Stacey said...

I love it all, Jann! That little birdhouse is the sweetest thing!

Salmagundi said...

Happy Birthday -- hope you have some more thrifting in your plans!! Sally

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! That mirror is gorgeous! You did an amazing job on it and the frame was such a great find! I hope your Friday is fabulous as well. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I was so busy drooling over your mirror I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful one and I love all of the new touches in your home. The crown looks cute hanging off that pretty book, love the look!

Rose L said...

I love what you created! And I am crazy over the mirror. In fact, I want all that in my place!! LOL

Cynthia said...

Happy thanksgiving my friend. Super finds, loving the mirror. Going to be very ho5 and humid for the next five days, bummer

Cindy

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Love the beadboard, but most of all the red transferware.

Linda W. said...

Happy birthday to you! Looks like you found lots of great bargains.

Benita said...

It all looks so lovely! Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Happy Birthday Dearest Jann!!
Do you know my husband (Dave Olson-heheh) us Olson's have to stick together!
His Birthday was yesterday-isn't that cool.
Well you found some very pretty goodies and I am smitten with your handpicked roses from your garden in your ironstone!
Have a great Birthday weekend!
Hugs,
Jemma

Rita C at Panoply said...

Happy Birthday, Jann! You crack me up, going on a garden tour and getting waylaid to a garage sale - how fun, especially when you have a willing partner in crime. Wishing you the best on this day and the year to come.

Susie said...

Jann, I love your rose themed mantle. The mirror make over is great. I like the old tray with it's roses next to your real ones. Blessings for a great weekend. xoxo,Susie

cynthia lee designs said...

Happy Birthday Jann!! I love your mantel and how you have it decorated...it's so pretty!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Your rose vignettes are just like you my friend, BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy your birthday. Best wishes coming your way! XX Jo

Cheryl said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jann!! I absolutely love your mirror find and the ironstone. Such wonderful pieces.

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Happy Birthday! and thanks again for stopping by my way <3

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a fabulous day to have a birthday! Happy Birthday!! I just love the mirror makeover. Your whole vignette is just perfect.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Happy Birthday Jann! I hope it's a great one! Your new mirror find turned out really cute! The roses are a gorgeous shade of red!

Deanies Stash said...

What a gorgeous vignette!

Deanies Stash said...

What a gorgeous vignette!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Love it all. Happy Birthday. Enjoy!
Kris

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The mirror is stunning. Happy birthday to you!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
LOVE the mirror and that vintage tray!! So pretty!!
What a fantastic looking wall and love the dishes at the top!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Thanks for dropping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Jacqueline said...

The mirror is wonderful Jan. I can't believe all the fun things you ladies got at fleo ology!
So nice to meet you at Joanne's and find another blogging friend! Will definitely be joining SYC!
Jackie

Leovi said...

Pure delight, exquisite compositions!

Joy Junktion said...

I Love your mirror collection so much!! Happy Belated Birthday! I pray you were blessed and made wonderful memories! Blessings, Cindy

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Very clever! Just love your blog to pieces! ~Maryjane

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jann!
I hope you had a wonderful day!! :)
Oh my gosh you got some great things thrifting, I love the mirrors and how you decorated your shelf, it's all so beautiful!
Have a wonderful week friend!
Hugs, Kimberley

Diana said...

LOVE your new mirror--stunning makeove, Jann--and your new ironstone, too. Your mantle is looking just beautiful :) I haven't touched mine since spring (I just took down my "Spring" banner last week--opps.)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow, what a gorgeous and interesting vignette you created. Love all the vintage charm and that fabulous chippy paint. Thanks so much Jann for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Stephanie said...

My sweet Jann, this was such a lovely post! Your home is truly a place of beauty and charm, my friend. I am sorry I missed your birthday, but....Happy belated Birthday!

Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration...I hope you're able to join us again this week. Hugs to you!

Sandi Magle said...

Absolutely charming post, and I totally would have snagged that mirror also. I love the colors on the basic whites. Nummy---like strawberries and cream on poundcake!

And HAPPIEST of Birthdays

Instagram