Summer Lovin!

I don't know about you, but I love summer!
Although, I must admit that this year it has gotten a little too hot too soon.
 
So let's make us some refreshing lemonade and enjoy the fun!

 
 
I adore grain sack, so my heart soared when Trina from
 Tea Time with Trina walked into my home carrying this at the 'Meet and Greet Party' I hosted last Saturday.
 
 

 
It was filled with all the fixins for delicious lemonade.

She added a tag with the cutest saying to the drink dispenser.

Sometimes we're left holding the LEMONS
and sometimes we're left holding the SUGAR.
It's the coming together that results in the lemonade.
 


I could hardly wait to play with the basket!

Monday afternoon while shopping at the grocery store I spied these beautiful yellow Gerber Daisies.

 
I placed three quart jars inside the basket, added the daisies, and then went out into the yard to find some other flowers to add to it.
 
Yarrow, Feverfew, Daisies, red roses and a little yellow flower that I don't know what it's called came together for a burst of summer! 
 
 

 
I placed a vintage sunflower runner on the table that was made by my Aunt Viola.
 
Then I tucked in a fun hamburger dish towel my
cousin, Betty made and gave to me last Christmas.
 
Now doesn't that just shout 'SUMMER'?
 
 
Red and yellow are so cherry together, so I left my speckled cake plate and tray on the table.
 
 
 
I added a few sunflower dishes.
 
 
Inside the basket were these darling napkins.
 


 




 

 
Easy to tell that I am loving this summer table.
 
Yup, it's 'Summer Lovin'!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
Please join in with a new link party:
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:

 


 

21 comments

Glenda/MidSouth said...

It does say Summer and in a very pretty way!
Have an enjoyable and safe holiday weekend.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW- how sweet of her!

I love all your sunny yellow summertime things, Jann!

So you hosted a Meet and Greet? I am so far behind on my reading - I need to read back and find out how that all went. I have been wanting to do that too, but I don't think anyone would come. I only know two ladies from Columbus who blog, but it'd be neat if they did, even if it's just we three. I know someone else about 2 hours or so, she might now, but who knows?

Have a fun and safe holiday weekend. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Hi Jann! That is the awesomest gift idea! Love the basket, the note card, and the fixin's for lemonade. The basket with flowers and your other additions make for a lovely vignette.

Mary

Joy Junktion said...

Definitely a fun post, Jann! I'm a red/white girl so this is just adorable and speaks to my heart! May you enjoy a wonderful Holiday weekend! Blessings, Cindy

Anne's Attic - Design said...

How cute is that, your vignettes are always so wonderful. Trina is so thoughtful. I'm really loving her up beat blog. Maybe she will teach me to add some pizzazz into my wardrobe. lol XX Jo

Sandi said...

Beautiful photos, especially the fun hamburger towel!

Love the lemonade saying!

I came here from Anne's Attic.

Susie said...

Jann, I have to say Trina did an awesome job on that gift !! Then you have even spiced it all up with your table setting. I love the runner your Aunt made...what a keepsake. Blessings to you dear friend, hope your 4th is so much fun, xoxo,Susie

Unknown said...

I love the creativity you add to your displays! Not to mention the endless wealth of display material you have at your fingertips ;) xoxo

Cynthia said...

Jann gorgeous and you made a wonderful display as always. Have a super 4th

Cindy

Trina said...

Well aren't you the sweetest? I couldn't have thought of a better person to receive this gift than you. Just look how easily and creatively you made a home for it. Now is it wrong to want to run out and buy one for myself, lol? Enjoy your 4th my cute friend. I know you'll be surrounded by lots of family and friends as well as that yummy breakfast.

quakerhillfarm said...

So Sweet!

Kim said...

I'm loving your Summer table as well, Jann. It's shouting Summer in the most colourful and happiest of ways. As 'tis a wee bit chilly down here, your lovely photos and sunshiny post has added oodles of warmth to my freezing li'l corner of the world.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Yellow and red a very cheery together! I love the basket and you had just the right mix of flowers for it. I want to know how the homemade lemonade was?!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Don't you just love it when you get an unexpected gift. Very pretty flower arrangement. I love the feverfew flowers, they always add to a bouquet.
So glad that you got to get together with your blogging friends. I got to meet Julie from Julies Lifestyle, when she was in CA vacationing.

It's so fun to meet fellow bloggers.
Have a wonderful 4th.
Hugs,
Mary

Fran. said...

So I LOVE red n yellow together!!! My Mom always said it reminded her of mustard n ketchup. I have always had those colors in my kitchen. Red reminds me of my Grandma. I am kinda starting to go in a different direction n colors BUT I will always have some sorta of red. LOVE the display of flowers!! Sunflowers n daisies are my favorite flowers!! As always you rocked it Jann!! You little cutie pie you!! XOXO Love Fran.

Leovi said...

Happy Birthday USA.

Unknown said...

Your table setting is so cute!! I am lovin' the flowers!! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty I hope you will join us again this week!!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That is so cute. It's a great idea to mix some store bought flowers with fresh picked...I can't believe I never thought of that!

21 Wits said...

Artfully beautiful!

The Charm of Home said...

Such a sunny and bright table Jann! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Snap said...

What fun! Summer may be hot and humid, but with lemonade and pretty flowers, it's also fun!!! Stay cool!

Instagram