Tuesday Tour- a Friends Garden

Hello my friends,
it's been a while since I've done a Tuesday's Tour.
 
And boy, do I have a fun garden tour for you today!
 
A few months ago I met Joanne on Instagram.
Paula from FLEA.O.LOGY had told her to follow me, (Thanks Paula!)
 
We both have a love of gardening and so we instantly hit it off.

One day I realized that she lived 20 min. away.  Near the town I grew up.
 
In the Spring she invited me to come see her garden. With all of the rain we had I didn't make it there until June.
 
I have lots of photos to share, but I don't think you'll mind.  :)

I went in the evening so I could capture her garden as it lit up.
 
This sweet vignette was on her deck off of the back of their home.
 
 

 
I love the drop cloth cover she made for her lounger!
 

She recently scored this fabulous birdcage off of ksl.

 
This hutch out on her deck was filled with Americana goodness!

 


 
 
 
 
As we step out into the garden there were touches of whimsy tucked in every where.
 
 
 
 



 

 
These darling lampshades lead to her adorable playhouse.


 
Now we get a peek at the top of the playhouse.

 
 
This cute fella is welcoming us inside.
 

Look at all of these lovelies on the front porch.


 
Curtains that would have every little (and big) girl swooning!


And the mantle, oh my gosh the mantle, is it not just magical?

 
Love her collection of vintage mirrors!
 
 
 


 
 
Eye candy in each and every corner. 
 

 
 
 


 
 
It took a bit of persuading, but I finally talked JoAnne into stepping out for a photo.
This gal deserves recognition, don't you agree?
 
 
 
 
 
Can you tell I love those lights?  :)
 
 
 
And folks this is not all. ..
 
Look at her fun pergola.
 
 
She recently scored this corbel for $30 off of Vintage Yard Sale Utah.  What a deal!!
 
 
Getting ready to add seats to these coral beauties.
 
 
 
 
 
Paper bird garlands fly from the ceiling.
 
 
This shed may be rustic, but it's covered with vintage fun.
 
 
 
Especially love the 'garden' words!
 
 

 
 
As dusk sets in, the garden becomes magical!
 
I did not alter any of the photos in this post because I wanted you to feel the ambience.
 
 
 
 
This path lined with columnar trees was just added this year.
 
 
I feel so blessed to now call Joanne my friend!
 
I hope you enjoyed her garden as much as I did!!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
 
 


30 comments

Stacey said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm so glad you got to meet Joanne. What an amazing garden and outdoor space. There's so much to love. Just the structure of that patio is amazing to begin with but the way it's decorated is so much fun. Like you, I love the lampshade lights leading out to the play house. What a fun idea. :)

Now I can only imagine what the inside of Joanne's house must look like. She's definitely got creative decorating skills. Loved this tour!

Stacey said...

Are we allowed to follow you and Joanne on Instagram? If so, how do we find you both?

Hope you don't mind...I've been Pinning away!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Jann, Joanne's garden is amazing! The world of blogging is surley missing out on her not blogging all of these beauties. Thank you for sharing. Love it all. Jo

Kim said...

This is all one garden? Wow, I am amazed!! Stunning!

Susie said...

Jann, I am so jealous. I loved the lights and flowers under the tree...it was so cozy looking. Then the lampshade leading to the playhouse. Loved it. Thank you for showing all this. Bless you, xoxo,Susie

Gina said...

What an amazingly beautiful garden! So much eye candy! I love, love, love those lampshades!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Oh, wow!!!! A veritable wonderland of the whimsical, the sweet, and the downright fabulous!!!

Junkchiccottage said...

Wow what a beautiful garden. Love all the whimsy and pretty. Those lampshade lights are adorable.
Kris

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Thanks for sharing, Jann. This is tour is way fun! I love the side of the old shed!!!!!!!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my word, Jann- you must have been in heaven! Joanne and you are soul mates - you have the same tastes and love of vintage!

She has amazing gardens and *that playhouse is absolutely swoon-worthy! WOW!

She is a beautiful lady and has a fun flair to her. You are blessed to have found one another - and you can thank Paula for knowing when two should be friends - she called that one for sure.

Thanks for sharing! Loved it!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Jan, I'm do glad you took so many pictures of those lampshades! love, love, love all of it.

Kim said...

Wow oh Wow!! I have just died and gone to heaven....again! What a post filled with visual delight. I can imagine many an hour lounging on that lounger with a good book. The pond and waterfall are amazing AND those lampshades...fabulous! Thank you, Jann, for the most pleasant of strolls through your friend, JoAnne's lovely home.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Really iovely! I will be copying the lampshade lights. Adorable!

mimi_62 said...

Jann, you really captured the ambience of the garden. What a beautiful yard! She really has a green thumb and a love for vintage. Loved the whole tour.

Connie said...

Hello Jann, I am so happy that I didn't miss out on this post. Her garden takes my breath away . . . those lampshades are truly amazing. What a creative gal. Oh, and I love how she spelled out Garden on her shed. If this isn't a garden to remember and day dream about . . . I don't know what is. Oh, oh, oh, oh! I just can't get over how darn cute the lamp shades are.
Thank you for sharing your friend's garden with us, and give her a big "thank you" hug, too.
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)
Now I'm going back and looking at those photos again:)

cynthia lee designs said...

What a beautiful garden/yard...it's awesome!!
~Cindy

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Wow, now that is an amazing garden, loved it all! Thanks so much for sharing that with us all.
Have a great week,
Gina

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

What a magical and creative garden! I'm so glad you were able to visit it and share the photos with us. The lampshade lights are so adorable. Now I want to add bunting in my pergola after seeing hers.

20 North Ora said...

Jann - thanks for sharing this gorgeous garden and playhouse with us. It is all just beautiful. I, like you, think my favorite things are the cute lampshades. What a neat idea.

Judy

The Junque Seeker said...

What an amazing garden! Thanks so much to both of you for sharing.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
Thank you for taking us on this whimsical, magical and delightful garden tour! Goodness, it was so enjoyable and so much love has been poured into it all.
Love the setting for each and every piece as well.
Hugs,
Jemma

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful tour for us! Love it all. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my gosh, thanks for the tour of this magical garden, Jann! I so loved walking along with you.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
OMG!! I am totally blown away!! What an amazing garden and playhouse!! Totally loved it and pinned some photos!!Thanks so much for always visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

How pretty! I love the playhouse and the lampshade banner. So unique!

Cynthia said...

WOW Jann what a beautiful garden. So many treasures. The winows, hutch, red iron chairs and so much more. Thanks for sharing

Cindy

Trina said...

Oh, my Joann's garden is simply magical. Now, I just need to invite myself over for a visit. Those lampshades are a dream, seriously the cutest thing ever! Thank you so much for sharing this tour with us.

Micupoftea said...

Such whimsy! Love the lamp shades :)

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

OMG, it's stunning. Love it all. What a talented lady.
Thanks so much Jann for sharing this beautiful garden with us.
Have a terrific weekend.
Hugs
Mary

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Wowza!!! Her garden is amazing!! I love all the whimsical touches. It's all so lovely and fun too.

Instagram